Did you know ?
that most people who sign up for health insurance on Healthcare.gov qualify for financial help to make coverage more affordable? And most people find low premium plans for less than $75 a month. These are quality plans that include coverage for doctor visits, no-cost preventitive services, and prescription drug plans.
Individuals and families? Check out Healthcare.Gov
Small business employers/employees? Check out Healthcare.Gov/Small-Businesses
- Sign up for the first time - by phone, online, paper application, or with in-person help;
- Renew or make changes to an existing plan;
- Tips about health insurance marketplace (a/k/a health insurance "exchange" or “Obamacare exchange”);
- Plans and prices by zip code *before* you apply.
Important dates for 2016 coverage
- November 1, 2015: Open Enrollment starts.
- December 15, 2015: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start January 1, 2016.
- January 1, 2016: 2016 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start February 1, 2016.
- January 31, 2016: 2016 Open Enrollment ends.
- March 1, 2016: Enrollments or changes between January 16 and January 31 take effect.
- If you don’t enroll in a 2016 health insurance plan by January 31, 2016, you can’t enroll in a health insurance plan for 2016 unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.