Seven Steps to Protect Your Identity:
1. Check your credit card and bank statements often.
2. Review and respond to IRS correspondences. Verify their validity.
3. Review all three of your credit reports once a year (http://www.annualcreditreport.com).
4. Review your annual Social Security statement to be sure it is accurate.
5. Carefully read your health insurance statements for accuracy.
6. Shread documents that contain personal information.
7. Set up direct deposit for government payments such as Social Security, Veteran's Administraton, and IRS.
For more information go to http://tinyurl.com/gpc8srh